Welcome to the Kilimanjaro International Institute for Telecommunications, Electronics & Computers
Based in Arusha, Tanzania, KIITEC is a leading technical education centre preparing skilled and competent technicians for the workforce. Using modern learning equipment, KIITEC offers the most advanced targeted training technologies in the region based on a hands-on and student-centred approach to learning. Our courses are designed to deliver results, teaching the relevant and practical skills students need to succeed in the technical field.
KIITEC is a day school registered and accredited by the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE). Successful graduates are awarded a 3-year National Technical Award Level Six (NTA-6) Diploma. KIITEC is a recognized CE-TEC: Centre of Excellence in Technical Education.
- Academic year: August – July
- Duration: 3 years
- Study load per week: 45 hours total including 30 hours of course time, 8 hours study hall and 8 hours dedicated to physical activity (optional)
- Language of Instruction: English
- Learning Method: Hands-on approach to learning (1 hour of theory for every 3 hours of practice)
- Assessment Method: Practical evaluation on equipment, written exams, group work and oral presentations
- Internship: Compulsory 4 month internship in final year of studies
- Company Visits: Organized day trips throughout the year to meet professionals in the field
- Tuition Fees: Fees are 1,500 000 Tanzanian Shillings per year. Up to 50% of the fees are available in scholarships and financial aid to all who pass their entrance examinations.